I have recently been making some 3D models for a personal project that I want sooner or later to become a game(free to play, and maybe even multiplayer, if possible)
, and some of you might already know that I don't know much about the gaming industry enough to know how to put my game out there. I'm looking for people who wouldn't mind working for free. There won't be any deadlines for you, since this is only going to be a game for fun and experience, it might also be good for you to have that on your CV later, since I know a lot of companies and even schools like to see that you have made a game, whether it be a good and successful one or a small beginner game.
If the game actually makes money later on, which I doubt, unless we have ads on it or in-game purchases, then the money will go into developing the game further and the rest of it to the ones helping to develop it.But here is the thing:
1. The game is far from done. I actually just started thinking about the concept recently, it doesn't have a story yet and I'm open for big changes if any of you have any ideas.
2. I need people who know the basics of rigging a model and making animations for it, to put in the game.
3. I also need people who are used to working with coding(tried it, can't do it)
and the game engine Unity(free to download)
4. A person who knows Blender, ZBrush or any other modeling program would be really nice, so I'm not alone on the modeling.
5. Someone who is good at drawing concept art or just have unique ideas to show would be very helpful.
5. Any one could help me with it, whether you are a beginner like me or a pro with some free time to spare.Here is some things I made(most of them are far from done or need more details and even some changes)
Remember that most of these are not going to look like they do now and these are just some ideas that I'm trying to mix and see what turns out the best.Now for the story and concept that I have in mind.
All this mess is what I call "Project Praelia". I have always wanted to make a mmorpg or just a rpg. A game where you strive to be the on the top of the "food chain". Where you play as one specie, who is a pack creature, and try to survive by hunting smaller prey and defending yourself against scavengers and even bigger predators.
Now that is mostly all I have for now(and some details on the already existing models I made.)
I also haven't posted the model I made for the main specie(the one at the bottom of all pictures)
since that one didn't turn out so good and I need to remake that one.If you could spread this around then that would be really nice.
I might also make a group, when this has been spread around more, for people to help out, give advises and feedback how I should make the game as good as possible. Remember, this is gonna be free to play and I want a game out there that actually is driven by gamers and their voices. Even if it's going to take time and are made by beginners like me.
EDIT1: Thank you EEEnt-OFFICIAL for finding and sending me the link to hacknplan.com/ This software/platform is really good and let's us plan things out for free. Everyone who is participating have to register and send me the email you registered with for me to add you to the project. (you can send it in a note to me and I will add you ) I have not used this before but I have seen others use it and it seems to work out for them!
Thank you for reading!